NO FEES FOR RESIDENTS
Students and Residents that are members of the RAS-ACS own fees to the ACS Headquarters (Chicago) only. The membership to the ACS Italy Chapter is free of charge
RESIDENTS BEST PRESENTATION AWARD
Residents can now send their abstracts for ACS Italy Chapter Meeting in Rome (September 25-29 , 2016). Active residents in an Italian general surgery program will be able to participate. The candidates must be RAS-ACS members and active residents in general surgery when they submit the abstract. The abstract should necessarily be no more than 2 typewritten (Ariel 12) double-spaced pages. The abstract should include the Title, the Authors (the resident has to be the first Author - 5 Authors max.) the Institution, Background, Material and Methods, Results and Conclusions. One of the Authors of the abstract has to be active Fellow of the ACS and active Member of the ACS Italy Chapter, up to date with payments. Abstracts should be submitted to email@example.com by May 31, 2016 - Please visit the RAS page on www.facsitaly.org
INTERNATIONAL EXCHANGE PROGRAM
RAS is accepting applications for the International Exchange Program. The selected applicant will attend the annual RAS-ACS meeting during the ACS Clinical Congress
The trainee will take part in numerous activities of the RAS ACS. At the completion of the exchange, the trainee will write an essay that describes the experience and offers other insights.
Requirements include the following:
1. The applicant must be a current italian Resident in General Surgery in Italy, an active member of RAS-ACS at the moment of submission of the aplication. The resident must not have received any award by the ACS Italy Chapter.
2. An essay describing the reasons why the applicant wants to participate in the Resident International Exchange and the contributions he/she can make by participating in the traveling program (limit 1000 words).
3. Fill in the application form (to receive the application form email firstname.lastname@example.org)
4. Include a Curriculum Vitae, a publication list and one recent passaport photo (JPEG), copy of the valid passport.
5. The application should include a letter of support from the Program Director or Chairman specifically noting that the applicant will be granted the time to travel to the meeting.
6. All correspondence have to be in English language
7. All supporting files have to be sent to Prof. Giuseppe Nigri at email@example.com by May 31 2016
AMERICAN COLLEGE OF SURGEONS ITALY CHAPTER AWARDEES
RAS INTERNATIONAL EXCHANGE PROGRAM
Italian RAS Members
2012 Valentina Giaccaglia, MD, Rome
2013 Alessio Vinci, MD, Pavia
2014 Andrea Balla, MD, Rome
2015 Giammauro Berardi, MD, Rome
2016 Andrea Peloso, MD, Pavia
2017 Laura Bersigotti, MD, Rome
US RAS MEMBERS
2013 Haytham Kaafarani, MD, Boston, MA, USA
2014 Ali Zarrimpar, MD, Los Angeles, CA (UCLA)
2015 Laura Goodman, MD, University of California, Davis, CA, USA
2016 Anthony Feghali, MD, State University of New York, NY, USA
2017 John Bergquist, MD, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA
2018 Justin Barr, MD, Duke University, Durham, NC, USA
ACS ITALY CHAPTER BEST RESIDENT PRESENTATION AWARD 2013
2012 Teresa Ciamporcero, MD, Turin
2013 Paolo Magistri, MD, Ospedale Sant'Andrea, Rome
2014 Gennaro Nappo, MD, Campus Biomedico, Rome
2015 Silvia Quaresima, MD, Policlinico Umberto I, Rome
2016 Serena Elisa Tempera, MD, Catholic University, Rome
SURGICAL JEOPARDY 2015, MILAN
Awarded team members got a free subscription to a Minimally Invasive AIMS (Advanced International Mini-invasive Surgery Academy) Course
- Università di Pavia
- Università di Roma "La Sapienza"
SURGICAL JEOPARDY 2016, NAPLES
The awarded team got a complementary subscription to the 2017 XXi Annual Meeting of the European Society for Surgery
- University of Modena Reggio Emilia
SURGICAL JEOPARDY: TESTIMONIALS
Young doctors from Palermo to Milan, from Verona, Siena, Rome and Parma answered sparkling questions of the 2015 edition of the Surgical Jeopardy of the American College of Surgeon Italian Chapter, held in Milan the last October during 117th Congress of Italian Society of Surgery. It was a funny, exciting, never boring and inspiring match and a nice opportunity to meet and discuss with other colleagues and for playing and testing themselves in a nice competition, that was organized really well. I highly recommend it to all, rack your brains too as we did!!
Finally, icing on the cake, a special prize went to the winner (the writer of this message modestly….): an amazing course of Laparoscopic Surgery in AIMS Academy - Niguarda Ca’Granda Hospital in Milan, an excellent training center for young surgeons.
Paolo Aiello, MD
Resident in General Surgery
Niguarda Ca’Granda Hospital, Milano
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
I'm a fifth year resident in general surgery from Rome and I've had the chance to participate at the first-ever Italian-Chapter ACS Surgical Jeopardy: what an experience! I have to admit that at first I was a bit worried by the competition, I was afraid that it would have been the umpteenth examination in the long road to become a surgeon.
Dr. Laura Antolino
Sapienza University of Rome